Thursday, April 28, 2011

'JOURNEY'


When I saw the Websters Pages 'NEW DISCOVERIES'-Your Life paper.I knew exactly which photos to use from my stash....It just took a while to round to putting it all together, as this is an older line.But still a perfect combination of paper and photo..
Jan my eldest son, is here of the age were young boys start to do their fun crazy stuff.I might add, Jan never stopped. Jan is a die hard Marine....and is still doing hairy crazy stuff.
Creating this LO brought back a lot of childhood memories of his youth. Thats another thing I love about scrapping, you get to relive all the good moments all over again.




Close up of the cut work. The blue canoe is 2d. Beads used to simulate a water effect.





Dusty Attic chip used in this close up: DA 0508 FERNS. Painted with gesso then sprayed with Glimmer Mist. The butterfly's are from the new stamp collection from Websters Pages. Stamped, cut, colored with copic pens then, sprayed with perfect Pearls mist-KIWI- from Tim Holtz.
For those living in De NETHERLANDS/HOLLAND you can find these stamps at SIMPLE-SCRAPPEN in DEN HELDER. www.simple-scrappen.nl




Here you see stitching and beads to give that water effect. One of the new Websters Pages stamps used here....love this one.....The sign is great as you can see I have stamped and cut it 3 times to make it 3d. I have also used it for a bit of journaling...Not my best point.,...

This stamp is also to be found at www.simple-scrappen.nl




The flowers are made from Prima Marketing-BOTANICAL MIX- These are great as you can color them to match your paper choice. Ink 'em - paint 'em - spray 'em - stack 'em - there is so much you can do with 'em, only thing is, you keep running out of 'em!
I used Websters Pages Pebbles for the center of the large flower and a vintage brad for the other.
To give the pebbles a red color I applied Glimmer Glam - BE POSITIVE, then glossy when dry.




You can see I have used more pebbles. I placed it between the torn paper and stitched it down with thread. This is repeated at the top of the age. Dusty Attic chips DA0507 FERNS and DA 0508 LEAVES.
The leaves are inked with dark green ink on the tips, spray with green Glimmer Mist, then apply glossy from Ranger.
Using the combination of cut flowers from the paper and the DA chips gives it more interest.
I hope you have enjoyed this post as much as I have had making it.
Till the next time.......catch you later.....
oxoxox susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment